I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Heathfield Community School over the last few months and meeting a number of parents. Since September we have had monthly sessions and talked about how to manage behaviour, talk so teenagers will listen and build their self-esteem.
Last Monday, we had over 40 parents for “Surviving revision, exams and the stressed teenager!”. This is what some of the parents said about the session:
- This has been for me/my child’s needs the most informative session so far
- I had heard such positive results from other parents who said they were really helpful and they are
- It is an interesting reflection of what sometimes should be blindingly obvious, but isn’t when you are in the moment and heat of battle!
- Definitely worth coming along, any help is valuable
- I found this very helpful in finding out what other parents go through and their ways of coping
I will be running more sessions at Heathfield Community School starting on 22 September, more information to follow!
If you think your school might be interested in the running sessions for parents of teenagers, please contact me, Ruth James at firstname.lastname@example.org