I thoroughly enjoyed the last session I did at Heathfield Community School, Taunton, when we looked at how to communicate with teenagers so teenagers will listen! We had a very helpful discussion and concluded that the next session should focus on managing behaviour. Therefore, the next 2 sessions will focus on the whole subject of managing your pre-teen/teenager’s behaviour.
Each session will focus on practical ideas and suggestions for making a difference at home.
Managing behaviour 1. This session will include:
- Planning for better behaviour
- How we all have different styles of parenting and the impact these styles have on our children
- It’s not what we say, it is how we say it!
- Managing boundaries
- Tips on improving consistency in terms of maintaining boundaries etc!
To book your place please go to: https://managing-behaviour-session-1.eventbrite.co.uk
Monday 30 January, 6:30 PM-7:45 PM
Managing behaviour 2. This session will include:
- The nagging index
- Managing conflict
- Negotiating with our teenagers
- Finding the hidden goals behind behaviour
- What are appropriate punishments & rewards and how you can use them
To book your place please go to: https://managing-behaviour-session-2.eventbrite.co.uk
There will also be opportunities for you to ask any questions you may have at both the sessions.
I look forward to seeing some of you at both of the sessions.