I am looking forward to visiting Perrott Hill School, Crewkerne in January to run the first of 2 workshops on “Building a positive relationship with your pre-teen/teenager”
This workshop will help parents to understand:
- Why your pre-teen/teenager behaves the way they do, including insights into the development of the teenage brain
- The impact of different parenting styles on the behaviour of their pre-teen/teenager
- How to talk so pre-teen/teenagers will listen
- How to manage behaviour, conflict and negotiate boundaries
There will also be an opportunity for parents to ask any parenting questions they may have.
I have been running these workshops at Heathfield Community School, Taunton for the last 2 years and they have been popular with parents, this is what some of the parents have said about them:
- It is very helpful in better understanding how the teenage mind works
- Very worthwhile – would definitely recommend
- Good to see we are not alone with our teenager issues
I want to make this a relaxing and enjoyable evening, it is an opportunity to find out more about teenagers, meet other parents and hopefully get some new ideas on how to approach different situations.
I am really looking forward to this!